Conduct of All India Entrance Test - 2022
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for admission to the B.A.LL.B. (Hons)/LL.M. and Ph.D. Programmes at the National Law University, Delhi shall be held on Sunday, June 26, 2022 from 10.00 AM to 11:30 AM.
Entrance Test (AILET) Scheme:
The modified syllabus of AILET 2022 for LL.M. Programme is as follows:
- The AILET 2022 for LL.M programme will have two (2) sections. Section A will have 100 multiple choice questions and a candidate has to answer two (2) descriptive questions from Section B. The examination will be for 90 minutes.
- Section A will consist of two parts:
Part 1: English language (50 questions; 50 marks)
Part 2: Legal reasoning (50 questions; 50 marks)
- Section B will have eight to ten questions from different branches of law. The candidates will have to answer any two (2) descriptive questions of 25 marks each. (Total marks for section B: 50)
- The evaluation of Section B, the following process is applicable:
The university will prepare a list consisting of three times the number of seats for each category of students, taking into account the reservation policy of the University, on the basis of total marks secured in Section A. Evaluation for Section B will be done only for the candidates covered by this list.
- The final rank list will be prepared based on a combination of the scores in Section A and Section B.
- Negative marking: There will be Negative Marking in Section-A in AILET 2022. The criteria for negative marking will be based on the formula 0.25*4=1 that means per wrong answer 0.25 Marks will be deducted. Therefore, four wrong answers will lead to deduction of one (1) mark.
- If two or more candidates get the same marks at the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) their merit will be decided as follows:
a) Senior Age;
b) Computerized draw of lots