Eligibility for Admission
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis. The Foreign National and OCI/PIO Candidates are also required to apply online on the same portal.
- To be eligible to appear for admission to One year- LL.M. Programme, a candidate should have passed the LL.B or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability category).
- Candidates appearing/awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also apply and appear in the Entrance Test. However, the eligibility by such candidates, shall have to be obtained by the cut-off date, which will be notified along with the Notification of Entrance Test result, and in case such candidate is placed in compartment in year of the admission would be treated as ineligible.
- Foreign National candidates are exempted from taking the All India Law Entrance Test-2022 (AILET-2022). The other regulations regarding the eligibility for admission will be the same as applicable to the other candidates. The candidates belonging to OCI/PIO category shall have the option to apply either under the Foreign National category or under the category of Indian students. In case the OCI/PIO candidate apply under the category of Indian National, they have to appear in the All Indian Law Entrance Test along with other students. The admission for Foreign Nationals shall be made on the basis of: a) Academic record of LL.B. or equivalent degree recognized by the UGC/ Association of Indian Universities with not less than 55% marks or the equivalent grade. b) Assessment of necessary communication skills in written and spoken English and performance at the interview in terms of aptitude and capacity.
- Note: Definition of Foreign Nationals: The candidates who possess citizenship of a country other than India and hold a valid passport of Foreign Country.
Definition of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/Person of Indian Origin (PIO): As notified by the Govt. of India.