Conduct of All India Law Entrance Test - 2023
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for admission to the B.A.LL.B. (Hons)/LL.M. and Ph.D. Programmes at the National Law University, Delhi will be conducted on the Sunday, December 11, 2022 from 11.00 AM to 12:30 PM.
Entrance Test (AILET) Scheme:
The modified syllabus of AILET 2023 for B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Programme is as follows:
- The AILET 2023 for B.A.LL.B (Hons.) programme will have three (3) sections of 150 multiple choice questions for 150 marks in total. The duration of the examination is 90 minutes.
- The three sections will be:
Section A: English Language (50 questions; 50 marks).
Section B: Current Affairs & General Knowledge (30 questions; 30 marks).
Section C: Logical Reasoning (70 questions; 70 marks).
Legal principles may be used in the logical reasoning section to test logical aptitude but the examination will not require any kind of legal knowledge or technical understanding.
- Negative marking: There will be Negative Marking in AILET 2023. The criteria for negative marking will be based on the formula 0.25*4=1 that means per wrong answer 0.25 Marks will be deducted. Therefore, four wrong answers will lead to deduction of 1 Mark.
- If two or more candidates get the same marks at the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET), their merit will be determined on the basis of higher marks in the section on LOGICAL REASONING in the AILET 2023.
- If the merit is still same, then the candidate senior in age shall get preference. If still there is no change in merit, then computerized draw of lots shall be taken into consideration.