Eligibility for Admission
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis. The Foreign National and OCI/PIO candidates are also required to apply online on the same portal.
- Candidate have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination thereto securing in the aggregate not less than 45% of the total marks (40% in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability). The Eligibility condition for admission of students under the Foreign Nationals Category shall be 65% marks in the Higher Secondary School Examination of (10+2) system or an equivalent examination.
- Candidates appearing/awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also apply and appear in the Entrance Test. However, the eligibility by such candidates shall have to be obtained by the cut-off date, which will be notified along with the Notification of Entrance Test result and in case such candidate is placed in compartment in the year of the admission, would be treated as ineligible.
- Foreign National Candidates are exempted from taking All India Law Entrance Test (AILET). The other regulations regarding the eligibility for admission will be the same as applicable to the other candidates. The candidates belonging to OCI/PIO category shall have the option to apply either under the Foreign National category or under the category of Indian students. In case the OCI/PIO candidate apply under the category of Indian National, they have to appear in the All India Law Entrance Test along with other candidates.
- Note: Definition of Foreign Nationals: The candidates who possess citizenship of a country other than India and hold valid passport of foreign country.
Definition of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/Person of Indian Origin (PIO): As notified by the Govt. of India.